Whether you’re a parent or a teacher, you know that learning to tell time can be difficult for young children. However, with Time Teacher watches, learning to tell time can still be a fun and enjoyable learning experience. You can also make your own time teacher clock with a few household items and these instructions.
Time Teacher watches come in fun designs with your children’s favorite cartoon characters, comic book heroes and even military styles. Whether they prefer Disney or Marvel characters such as Buzz Lightyear, the Hulk, Tow Mater, Spiderman, Cinderella, Tinker Bell, and Pooh, these watches can make learning to tell time engaging for children of any age. Most also have easy to use Velcro and nylon straps which can be easily adjusted, put on and taken off by smaller hands.
Each watch has all twelve hours marked in bold numerals, the minutes (or seconds) indicated in increments of five, and labeled “hour” and “minute” hands. The hands are also in contrasting colors as well, making it easy to tell them apart.
Be sure to shop our entire Time Teacher watch collection on our website! If you would like to place an order or have any questions regarding the watches, feel free to contact one of our Customer Service Representatives at 1-800-572-8263.
Make Your Own Learn to Tell Time Clock:
A great, easy way to help kids learn how to tell time is to have them make their own clock to practice on anytime. We have provided printable templates below so you can create your own kid-friendly paper plate clock! These instructions don’t require any sharp parts and can be made by young children with adult supervision. Once complete, you and your child can use the clock to learn how to tell time.
- Click on a template below. Print the template. Once the template is printed, cut out pieces of clock from template below (second hand is optional). There is a full color template as well as a color-your-own template.
NOTE: Hands may be glued to 2nd paper plate or card stock and cut out to make them stronger
- Using rubber cement or glue stick, glue the clock face to the center of the plate
- Use pointed pen or pencil to poke hole in the middle of the clock face in center of black circle
- Use hole punch to put holes in the hands over the X’s marked on the hands
- Put knot in one end of rubber band
- Put rubber band through hole in center of clock
- Put rubber band through hands on clock with minute hand on the bottom, hour hand in middle and second hand on top
- Once rubber band is through the plate and the hands are properly placed, knot the other end (a double knot may be needed on top of clock to hold hands on – you can also loop a rubber band through a pony bead on one end and knot the other)
- Put finger through rubber band on back of clock to hold
- Have fun learning to tell time with your new clock!